What's in a Username?

Talk about anything and everything. Remember to mind your manners!
Daniela

What's in a Username?

Post by Daniela » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:14 pm

Tell us how you came up with your username, and any other stuff about it! No word count. :3

Bonus question: If you could change your username, or were not using your current one, what name would you choose?

I'll start.

Daniela
- a variation of my second name, though that was not the reason I chose it.
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn! 7th Vongola Boss (This was why. I even had a matching set to go with it. I'll have to dig it out of the archives sometime.)
- Had it since 2010, back when this was still SNP.
- If not Daniela, I would have used MissHimitsu or MissH (my even older forum moniker). Lucé, possibly.

Image\n\nArs longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile.\n Life is short, art is long, opportunity fleeting, experience perilous, and decision difficult.

Myeolchi

Re: What's in a Username?

Post by Myeolchi » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:53 pm

Most of the old members know me by the name Mia. I changed from Mia to Myeolchi last year because of my lurve for Eunhyuk of SuperJunior XD One of his nicknames is Myeolchi, which means anchovy :evilpanda:

If I am not using Myeolchi, I think I would go with 'meimei', which is an extraction from my real name :whistle:
Twitter||Tumblr[spoiler]Image Image
Awesome Badges by Yana-sis and Asuna-chwan <3[/spoiler]
a.k.a Mia

ichigo

Post by ichigo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:00 am

I love the Japanese word for strawberry when spelled out in romaji, ichigo. I also love the fruit itself so I tend to collect strawberry-themed merchandise.

pikopika is another username I usually register with. It comes from Pikachu's use of "pika" and I just put "piko" in front to make it cute-sounding.
"to the world you may be one person,\nbut to one person you may be the world."\n-unknown\n\nI got this quote from a magnet.

Darkside

Post by Darkside » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:19 am

Many confuse my name with Star Wars but that's not the case. My name is based on several video games that I favor, it's the name I use on most internet sites.
If I'm not active and your curious on my whereabouts than feel free to pm me. I'll get it by mail.

hanafubuki

Post by hanafubuki » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:11 am

I like flowers, especially cherry blossoms, so I decided it was going to be "Hana" or "Sakura". Sakura reminds me of a Japanese friend from another forum that I'm in. Her nick was Sakura Fubuki, which means a blizzard of falling cherry blossoms, and I thought that was beautiful. But I don't want to use the same nick as her, so I searched the Japanese-English dictionary for something that starts with Hana, and that's when I found "hanafubuki". It basically means the same thing so I went with it right away :tea:

Well, if I were to change it now... I might change into other nicknames that I've used before on IRC like "Fubuki" or "Hakanai", which means "Ephemeral". It has a sad but beautiful maning :cute4:
Image\nGiraffe set by an awesome person. Thank you Image\n\nCongratulations, hanafubuki! You just picked up 2912 pound bunch of flowers!

hayate

Post by hayate » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:17 am

"hayate" = Japanese word meaning "squall"

That's pretty much my name. Been using this in another forum which is Beast's Lair.

Thinking of a name change though, but I think that's for another time. :)
[spoiler="The doctor will see you now"]Image[/spoiler]\n\n[spoiler="THE TRUTH ON MADOKA MAGICA"]Image[/spoiler]

Yakisoba

Post by Yakisoba » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:07 pm

So I like Kill Me Baby.
I thought Yakisoba in Yakisoba Pan because it was Sonya's favorite food; and that's how the name for YakisobaScans was born.

After that, it became my username.