What Are Your Favorite Animes?

Satinel

What Are Your Favorite Animes?

Post by Satinel » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:52 pm

What are your favorite animes and why?

ichigo

Re: What Are Your Favorite Animes?

Post by ichigo » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:20 am

Madhouse's Cardcaptor Sakura - This is not only a classic but one of the series that I watched before even knowing the distinction between anime and cartoons. There are lovable characters (specifically Kinomoto Sakura, Daidouji Tomoyo, and Li Shaoran/Syaoran) coupled with an outstanding voice cast, memorable opening and ending sequences as well as songs, and all-around cuteness. While it mainly had an episodic format, there was also the overarching main plot.

Doga Kobo's Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun - There is a lovable cast of characters, catchy opening and ending songs (♬Kimi Janakya Dame Mitai♬), and great humor!

Madhouse's Hunter × Hunter (2011) - Madhouse Animation + Togashi Yoshihiro (creator of Hunter × Hunter) = Perfection

Kyoto Animation's Hyouka - In addition to the animation, voice cast, and music, there was the mystery element!

Production I.G.'s Kimi ni Todoke/Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season - It just made me feel good inside! The animation, voice cast, and music are the reasons.

P.A Works' Nagi no Asukara - There was intense drama (within the series, of course) and animation quality control at work in this series. The voice cast did an outstanding job!
"to the world you may be one person,\nbut to one person you may be the world."\n-unknown\n\nI got this quote from a magnet.

Daniela

Post by Daniela » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:26 pm

Kimi ni Todoke, yes! Nozaki for the very well-excecuted humor, Hyouka for the mystery element.

Some of the older ones include Rurouni Kenshin, Peacemaker Kurogane, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Flame of Recca, Fushigi Yuugi, Vandread. (There's a LOOOT more.)

More current ones would be Assassination Classroom (from the few times I get to watch - thank God it's episodic!), Log Horizon, Kill la Kill, Tiger and Bunny.
Image\n\nArs longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile.\n Life is short, art is long, opportunity fleeting, experience perilous, and decision difficult.

JamesSWatson

Post by JamesSWatson » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:53 am

I have a few favorites. At the time when I was providing marketing assignment help in Australia I've watched a lot of anime.
And my all time favourite are:
  • Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji)
  • Class President is a Maid! (Kaichou wa Maid-sama!)
  • Durarara
Those are the best, they helped me to gain new ideas and reduce stress from my work.

smCarly

Post by smCarly » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:02 pm

I just love Durarara - one of my favorite, Kyoto Animation's Hyouka - I haven't heard about this one. Maybe you can tell me where I can download it straight from the source, because I want to watch it. Thanks a lot!

SkipHeartLME1

Post by SkipHeartLME1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:12 am

\n
:yaha: