What Are Your Favorite Mangas?

Satinel

What Are Your Favorite Mangas?

Post by Satinel » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Please tell us what your favorite mangas are and why.

ichigo

Re: What Are Your Favorite Mangas?

Post by ichigo » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:51 am

CLAMP's Cardcaptor Sakura - This is not only a classic but one of the series that has been with me since early childhood. There are lovable characters (specifically Kinomoto Sakura, Daidouji Tomoyo, and Li Shaoran/Syaoran), cute romance, cute expressions, an array of emotions, and continuity for the main story with sub-plots.

Watase Yuu's Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden - The romance and feelings I felt...I can't say anymore!

Shiina Karuho's Kimi ni Todoke - I really love the characters of Kuronuma Sawako, Kazehaya Shouta, Yano Ayane, Yoshida Chizuru, and Sanada Ryuu. This is another series that has cute romance, cute expressions, and a heartwarming atmosphere.

Hatori Bisco's Ouran High School Host Club - The humor :lol:

Minami Maki's Special A - It has similarities to Host Club, but I like the hilarious rivalry between Hikari and Kei. This series is also the first series where I bought all the volumes.

Sakisaka Io's Strobe Edge - The series explored the struggles in loving someone and I liked that.

Robico's Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - This was a clear-cut, straight-to-the-point romance and I liked that. There was not one character I did not like!
"to the world you may be one person,\nbut to one person you may be the world."\n-unknown\n\nI got this quote from a magnet.

Aoshee

Post by Aoshee » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:00 pm

Nisekoi - I like it cause it's exciting! Chitoge FTW, btw
Shingeki no Kyojin - I enjoy reading it because of the awesome plot (and plot twists :lol:), great characters and the suspense! xD
Kare wa Diablo - I love reading it because it is a parody of the shoujo genre~ it's very funny and simply because, Rui-sensei is <3

I've been reading manhwa recently :lol:

Daniela

Post by Daniela » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:12 pm

^ I haven't been reading any manga recently. I've been busy with school lately, and I got a small feeling that I'm slowly outgrowing it. Shame.

Before that, there were too many to count. Here below be some of them:

- Bleach. Followed since volume 1 (I was around sixth grade then. I'm now in first year postgrad. *lmao*)
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Guess who my username is based off of? Yes.
- Shingeki no Kyojin Same reason as Aoshee. Okay, this one I follow, because my brother always pulls me from my study area for new chapters. And surprisingly, I do let myself get pulled away. Even when I have a major exam the next day.
- Skip Beat. Again, I follow every month. Thank you for the awesome scans!
- Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. The ultimate CLAMP crossover! xxxHolic, for that matter. I love their take on traditional folklore, plus Yuuko is pure awesome.
Image\n\nArs longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile.\n Life is short, art is long, opportunity fleeting, experience perilous, and decision difficult.

EmmaRundle

Post by EmmaRundle » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:51 am

My favourite is One Piece. Because it has great diversity, and the world, in my opinion, is very creative.(Especially the Devil Fruits-I would have never thought of them.) I even wrote a short essay about it for AustralianWritings.
Also I like Gintama, because it’s hilarious!