J-pop or K-pop?

Talk about anything and everything. Remember to mind your manners!
Myeolchi

J-pop or K-pop?

Post by Myeolchi » Wed May 13, 2015 6:03 pm

What do you like the most? or what do you usually listen to?
Share your thoughts here~ :evilpanda:

Twitter||Tumblr[spoiler]Image Image
Awesome Badges by Yana-sis and Asuna-chwan <3[/spoiler]
a.k.a Mia

Daniela

Re: J-pop or K-pop?

Post by Daniela » Thu May 14, 2015 6:53 am

Gomen ne, mianhe. I don't listen to either genre anymore. :( I guess you can say I've outgrown those kinds of music.

That aside, I believe it's hard to choose between J-Pop and K-Pop. Both have their good points, so you can say I like both genres for different reasons. I like J-pop for its quirky-ness. (That, and most anime songs are Japanese, ahaha.) On the other hand, I like K-pop for its stylized, trendy sound that is totally dance-able.

So to answer, yeah, I like both. :)
Image\n\nArs longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile.\n Life is short, art is long, opportunity fleeting, experience perilous, and decision difficult.

Asuna

Post by Asuna » Thu May 14, 2015 7:42 am

It's such a hard question! I think both genres are special in their own ways and can't really be compared to each other, so I also like both! I refuse to choose! :evillaugh:
[spoiler]Image
Awesome badge made by Myeolchi <3333[/spoiler]

ichigo

Post by ichigo » Fri May 22, 2015 1:06 am

I cannot choose between J-pop and K-pop! :scared1:
That is why I will answer the alternative question; I listen to K-pop more than J-pop, at least at the moment *typing while listening to SHINee*.
"to the world you may be one person,\nbut to one person you may be the world."\n-unknown\n\nI got this quote from a magnet.

Asuna

Post by Asuna » Fri May 22, 2015 2:08 am

ichigo wrote:I cannot choose between J-pop and K-pop! :scared1:
That is why I will answer the alternative question; I listen to K-pop more than J-pop, at least at the moment *typing while listening to SHINee*.
Their new album is really good imo. Sounds more mature than their previous albums o:
An Encore holds a special place in my heart :feel:

I've been listening to more kpop lately, but today is an Ok One Rock (jpop) kinda day for me~ XDDD
[spoiler]Image

ichigo

Post by ichigo » Fri May 22, 2015 2:22 am

Asuna wrote:
ichigo wrote:I cannot choose between J-pop and K-pop! :scared1:
Their new album is really good imo. Sounds more mature than their previous albums o:
An Encore holds a special place in my heart :feel:

I've been listening to more kpop lately, but today is an Ok One Rock (jpop) kinda day for me~ XDDD
I get that feeling too. There are just days where I feel like listening to a certain type of music.
"to the world you may be one person,\nbut to one person you may be the world."\n-unknown\n\nI got this quote from a magnet.

guacamole

Post by guacamole » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:22 am

Ooh I like SHINee too :D although I do listen to other bands as well. I started out listening to a lot of kpop, and now I'm slowly listening to more jpop :P
btw, has anyone else heard about Big Bang's world tour "MADE"? They're gonna go to the US in October and they're also dropping by Canada too XD
so I'm definitely going to that~ I'm still in shock that I actually can see one of my fav kpop band outside of korea :yaha:

Asuna

Post by Asuna » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:11 am

BB's gonna be here on July 31 or something...I'm not a fan though so too bad. X'D

I listen to very few kpop bands but none of them seem to have plans to go here any time soon T____T
[spoiler]Image

ichigo

Post by ichigo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:00 pm

guacamole wrote:Ooh I like SHINee too :D although I do listen to other bands as well. I started out listening to a lot of kpop, and now I'm slowly listening to more jpop :P
btw, has anyone else heard about Big Bang's world tour "MADE"? They're gonna go to the US in October and they're also dropping by Canada too XD
so I'm definitely going to that~ I'm still in shock that I actually can see one of my fav kpop band outside of korea :yaha:
I heard about that! Big Bang really stepped it up with their series of "MADE" singles. I love every song~
Asuna wrote:BB's gonna be here on July 31 or something...I'm not a fan though so too bad. X'D

I listen to very few kpop bands but none of them seem to have plans to go here any time soon T____T
Can I ask what Kpop bands you listen to? I would like to check them out!

Asuna

Post by Asuna » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:18 am

tbh I only mostly listen to BoA, EXO and Shinee X'D

I also like Super Junior (I've recently taken quite a liking to D&E haha), TVXQ/DBSK, A Pink, and K.Will.

I really like SISTAR's Soyou's solo songs, Some and and a handful of OSTs so idk if that counts XDDD
[spoiler]Image