Book Recommendation~

Talk about anything and everything. Remember to mind your manners!
Myeolchi

Book Recommendation~

Post by Myeolchi » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:10 pm

Recommend a book here :whistle:

I am not a book lover but few books I read, really liked and would like to recommend are: Arthur Golden's Memoirs of Geisha, Dan Brown's Digital Fortress, Alex Kava's A Perfect Evil, Jeffrey Deaver's Broken Window, Amish's Shiva Trilogy XD

Twitter||Tumblr[spoiler]Image Image
Awesome Badges by Yana-sis and Asuna-chwan <3[/spoiler]
a.k.a Mia

Elinicia

Re: Book Recommendation~

Post by Elinicia » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:26 am

The Maze runner series~
It's really good :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LEFT THE FORUM.
WILL PROBABLY CHECK HERE AND THERE.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asuna

Post by Asuna » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:37 am

I really like books. XD

Books I'd recommend are:

The Devotion of Suspect X by Keigo Higashino (detective/crime)
The Winner's Curse / The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski (fantasy)
The Newsflesh series (Feed, Blackout, Deadline) by Mira Grant (about zombies, although it's turned zombie haters like me into a fan XD)
[spoiler]Image
Awesome badge made by Myeolchi <3333[/spoiler]

Daniela

Post by Daniela » Fri May 01, 2015 9:15 am

Monday Mornings, by Sanjay Gupta. (The TV series, too.)

- It's set in a teaching hospital, where the doctors have a general meeting every Monday to discuss various issues, especially the screw-ups they have committed over the past week.

- Despite me putting it that way, I swear it's not all technical stuff. The five viewpoint characters are very interesting people and doctors with different personalities. It was fun to read about their past, their day-to-day interactions, their progression and character development to become better doctors. The side characters are also written well, with their own stories to tell, and how they all fit into each other's lives. And of course, there is that super big overall general story where everything falls into place.

- As for the TV series, we watched a couple of episodes for our medical ethics class, in place of traditional discussion, and not only did it help reinforce the principles we needed to learn - it also got us all hooked. We copied the whole season from our doctor, and next thing I knew, I downloaded the ebook, too. Read it in biochemistry class instead of listening to the lecture, lol.

Attaching the book here, for those who are interested. I swear, it's a good, worthwhile read. Take it from me. :)
Sanjay Gupta - Monday Mornings.epub
Image\n\nArs longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile.\n Life is short, art is long, opportunity fleeting, experience perilous, and decision difficult.

hayate

Post by hayate » Thu May 21, 2015 1:57 am

Well, got a couple, but it's fan translations...

Fate/Zero (Gen Urobuchi)

Seven Servants, Seven Masters. Only one Holy Grail. Emiya Kiritsugu, hired by the Einzberns (one of the Founders), decided to join this war and get the Holy Grail.

Coral of the Moon (Kinoko Nasu)

3000 AD. The year that man did not pursue propagation during the disaster on the earth and the moon.

The legend of the corals still stays alive and has been passed on through oral tradition in the form of a song. What is the story behind that song?

Monogatari side stories: Shinobu (NisioIsin)

A drastic tale about the vampire that Araragi Koyomi saved.

Fate/strange fake (Narita Ryohgo)

10 years after the 5th Holy Grail War.

Snowfield, California.

Another Grail has been fabricated by the ones who wanted to initiate another Grail War. Six Masters with Six Servants. A missing Saber class card. A Master with five Command Seals. The fake Holy Grail War begins anew.
[spoiler="The doctor will see you now"]Image[/spoiler]\n\n[spoiler="THE TRUTH ON MADOKA MAGICA"]Image[/spoiler]