Daniela's Random Crafts

Post anything art-related here. Show us your talents!
Daniela

Daniela's Random Crafts

Post by Daniela » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:45 am

Hi, and welcome to my little corner of creativity, where any and all bursts of inspiration find an outlet via any media possible.

This thread will not only feature art but also written works. I used to be active in graphic-making and editing - now, not so much anymore. I've recently only tried to get back in the groove, just to let out my pent-up fandom moments here and there - things that just have to be made before I can go back to what I should be doing in peace.
You'll mostly find them on these websites:
art stuff (GFX, doodles, photomanips): http://cyanoscarlet.deviantart.com
written works (fanfiction): http://fanfiction.net/~kuchikijeanne
Here's a sample of what I've been up to most recently

Doodle: Random poses.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

GFX: Larsa/Penelo
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Fanfic: Random FF12 moment
[spoiler]A Matter of Ages
-a Final Fantasy XII random drabble-
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10983588/1/A-Matter-of-Age

"In a relationship where the girl is older than the guy," Penelo wonders to the table at large, "by how many years apart can they be for the match to be acceptable?"

All eyes turn to her, the group's idle chatter ceasing as they - or at least some of them - ponder the answer to her question. Vaan places a hand under his chin in thought as he softly drums his fingers on the table.

"... One or two years, perhaps," Ashe ventures, slowly placing the restaurant's numbered card down. "Of course, there have been couples who are further apart on the age line, but not a lot I've heard of, at least."

"I suppose one's age would not matter much in a mutual partnership, would it?" questions Balthier. "True love is supposed to endure 'against all odds' - or so the saccharine declarations of undying adoration go. Ha, the things people say nowadays..."

To this, Fran raises an eyebrow. "Sarcasm surprisingly suits you."

"I prefer 'cynicism', if you please." Balthier stretches his arms upward. "Someone has to rein in those written works before they take over the vernacular of today's generation."

"It wouldn't matter how old they are if they do not look that at all different outwardly," Basch offers. "A seemingly-older male, or a more youthful female - the people would know no better. That is, as long as they keep quiet about it."

Penelo considers this for a moment, her narrowed eyes downcast as she ponders, before finally conceding. "I... suppose so." A faint smile on her lips as she lets out a weak laugh. "It was a silly question, wasn't it?"

"Hey, it's okay." Vaan reaches over and places a hand over Penelo's. "It's fun to talk about random stuff once in a while. Besides," he glances at Balthier and Fran, a smirk forming on his face as he does, "they seem to be cool about it."

"Believe what you will," the man in question deadpans. "I am tired of explaining myself." Looking away, he runs a hand along his hair, in an attempt to hold himself back from saying any more. Fran tries to not laugh.

"You didn't have to say that," Ashe sighs exasperatedly, a pointed glare directed towards the sandy-blond youth (which she also is, but suffice to say that right now, it currently isn't her. Stupid train of thought).

"I was just stating a fact," Vaan counters nonchalantly. "They weren't uncomfortable about it when Pen first raised the topic."

"Until you said your little piece, that is." Ashe all but throws her arms up into the air. "I really can't believe you."

"I have to say, Vaan is the first to annoy Balthier so." Fran comments, resting laced fingers under her chin in amusement. "I have never known anyone else who has managed to do the same."

"Damn straight," Balthier interjects, not even bothering to face them. Vaan now opens his mouth in retaliation.

The rest of the group watches the exchange of words that ensues. Penelo eventually tunes her surroundings out as her thoughts drift back to that one conversation with a younger friend from the night before - the one that bothered her so, and led her to ask her friends' opinion on the matter.

Last night, the young kid said he liked her.

(No, just "kid" was not enough, she told herself. "Young" for emphasis, not for redundancy. And yes, he is a friend - reiterated for emphasis. She dared not even think his name.)

Okay, so technically, he wasn't much of a kid anymore - though not quite filled out yet, like the man his much older brother was before him. She wasn't even going to get started on his other virtues and the like, lest she start extolling them - then she would never stop. That was not the point.

The point was, she'd known him as a child.

Maybe it was his raging teenage hormones that caused him to act that way. Maybe it was hers, still unstable even after her teenage years (oh, the shame), causing her to put inappropriate subtexts to his words. It was so much easier to take whatever he said at face value when he was still twelve and leave it at that. Now? She's thinking so much more into it, and is extremely confused.

Penelo is shaken from her reverie as someone places a hand over her shoulder.

"Hey, Pen," Vaan starts, his whisper barely audible over the din of the bustling restaurant and Balthier's mumbling. "I kinda figured what this whole trouble is about. It's about L-"

"You do not want to finish that sentence," she snaps at him coldly. Luckily, this goes unnoticed by most of the group, save for Ashe, who was immediately distracted when the waiter arrives with their food and asks for the numbered card back.

Why she even told Vaan about this, she could only wonder.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Daniela on Mon May 18, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image\n\nArs longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile.\n Life is short, art is long, opportunity fleeting, experience perilous, and decision difficult.

Elinicia

Re: Daniela's Random Crafts

Post by Elinicia » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:13 am

SO AWESOME DANI-CHANNNN! hohhoho
Join the GOTM lol
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LEFT THE FORUM.
WILL PROBABLY CHECK HERE AND THERE.

Daniela

Post by Daniela » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:22 am

Thanks Yana sis! <3

I'm not sure... I haven't actually done any serious GFX in a while. :( At least, not like before. I will try, though.

In the meanwhile, I have a nice present for ya. Just wait a few hours....
Image\n\nArs longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile.\n Life is short, art is long, opportunity fleeting, experience perilous, and decision difficult.

Elinicia

Post by Elinicia » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:37 pm

Daniela wrote:Thanks Yana sis! <3

I'm not sure... I haven't actually done any serious GFX in a while. :( At least, not like before. I will try, though.

In the meanwhile, I have a nice present for ya. Just wait a few hours....
yay at lest you'll try!
Ohhh i cant wait for it Image
LEFT THE FORUM.

Daniela

Post by Daniela » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:36 pm

Sorry for the month-long wait, Yana-sis! Here's the "nice"(?) surprise I was working on.

My brother says I draw like a fifth-grader. My Anatomy prof seems to concur, so all's well. :)

Link to DeviantArt entry here.

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Elinicia

Post by Elinicia » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:17 pm

Wow sis nice! You are getting better with the anatomy! I love ittttt!
Dont trust your brother lol
LEFT THE FORUM.

Daniela

Post by Daniela » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:20 pm

Thanks Yana-sis! Congrats, too! :'>

Daniela

Post by Daniela » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:44 pm

Is this person Nuriko, Houki, or Aerith? You decide.

(I know the DA says Houki, but even now I'm not sure. Haha.)

Daniela

Post by Daniela » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:58 am

While this, is Nuriko. (Bow.)

DA here.