GOTM #1 Voting Thread

A monthly competition to showcase the graphic talents of our users. Anyone is welcome to join!

Which entry do you like best?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:04 am

Mia
67%
Daniela
25%
Elinicia
8%

Total votes: 12

Asuna

GOTM #1 Voting Thread

Post by Asuna » Wed May 27, 2015 10:04 am

Welcome to the GOTM Entry #1 Voting Thread! This month's theme was LOVE, chosen by our previous winner, Elinicia! :spin:

Here's the awesome entries!

[spoiler="Mia"]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Daniela"]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Elinicia"]Image[/spoiler]

You can vote for only one person. The person with the most number of votes wins.
Of course, it would be awesome if you could post your votes and feedback too though :D

For example:
a. I voted for <A> because I like how the colors blend together.
b. I voted for <B> because the background is pretty and fits the theme perfectly.

This is not mandatory but it is appreciated! :)

Voting will end on June 3, 2015. The winner will select the theme for the next GOTM~

Happy voting! ^^

[spoiler]Image
Awesome badge made by Myeolchi <3333[/spoiler]

Daniela

Re: GOTM #1 Voting Thread

Post by Daniela » Wed May 27, 2015 10:43 am

So I'm first :lol:

I voted for Myelochi's entry. I like the concept of having that small pic in the center of the larger background. I also like your overall use of the pink color scheme, as well as the way you positioned the flowers and leaves in the graphic. Lastly, great choice of cute characters there. They go well with the "pure, innocent love" thing you got going on. A minor nitpick on my part would be the use of Stereo Hearts lyrics - they kinda don't fit, but that's just me. Great choice of fonts, btw.
Last edited by Daniela on Thu May 28, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image\n\nArs longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile.\n Life is short, art is long, opportunity fleeting, experience perilous, and decision difficult.

Moritan Hayashi

Post by Moritan Hayashi » Wed May 27, 2015 3:31 pm

I'm sorry I haven't much to say, it's just, the King and I, you know. Hahaha.
Epic love story and movie.

Elinicia

Post by Elinicia » Thu May 28, 2015 5:06 am

I voted for Mia-sis. I like the concept and how you arranged your stocks. Those styles is for wallpaper and such which I am not familiar in making so its good to see new things in the GOTM.

As for Dani-sis, I like King and I too (I was able to watch it when i was little). I love the blending and the GIF works perfectly with the background.

As for my entry... it looks horrible and rushed compared to the other entries lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LEFT THE FORUM.
WILL PROBABLY CHECK HERE AND THERE.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aira

Post by Aira » Thu May 28, 2015 1:18 pm

Great entries but my vote goes to Myeolchi/Mia this time. :D
I love the colors and textures used. :D The image used is also cute. <3
It just looks really pretty and shoujo-ish over-all. :D

Kitsu

Post by Kitsu » Thu May 28, 2015 5:39 pm

It was somewhat difficult to choose... :uhoh:
I'm not in any position to critic, so don't read these if you don't want to ;-;
Language Arts skills, I summon thee!
!

Mia-san: I felt that the background was too big. Since the colors were so light, the graphic felt somewhat empty. However, I really like this pairing! Even though I don't even know the name of the manga, they really do look like a pure and innocent couple! Actually, I liked the background too >.< It was creative, and it reinforced the feeling of a "pure innocent love". Nice color scheming!

Daniela: I have never watched this movie before, but I thought the couple was interesting since it didn't exactly fit the mainstream idea of a couple. I want to go watch the movie now >.< I felt that having the couple split up on either side of the graphic might've detracted from the charm, but I think it brought the graphic together by framing it with their figures. Nice job with the dreamy gif! It highlighted the attraction of the couple!

Elincia: Kingdom Hearts!
I liked the quotes. By splitting up the "scattered dream" and "far-off memory" line, it really did seem like puzzle "pieces," as the pink text suggests. The fragmented-looking background and splitting up the couple into opposite corners of the graphic further reinforced the idea of "pieces". Overall, although there were many different components of the graphic, somehow the atmosphere wasn't chaotic, crowded, or "too involved". Nice nice!

Everyone, :thumb:!

Myeolchi

Post by Myeolchi » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:45 pm

Nice entries, Dani-twinny and Yana-sis :lala:

I voted for Daniela-twinny's entry :D
I have not seen the movie. I really like how the gif blended with the images and quote the you have put there :D
Twitter||Tumblr[spoiler]Image Image
Awesome Badges by Yana-sis and Asuna-chwan <3[/spoiler]
a.k.a Mia