GOTM Special #1 Voting Thread

A monthly competition to showcase the graphic talents of our users. Anyone is welcome to join!

Vote for your favorite banner!

Elinicia
69%
Myeolchi
23%
Daniela
4%
Aira
4%

Total votes: 26

Asuna

GOTM Special #1 Voting Thread

Post by Asuna » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:36 am

Welcome to the GOTM Special #1 Voting Thread!

Here are the wonderful entries made by our awesome users!
[spoiler="Elinicia"]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Myeolchi"]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Daniela"]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Aira"]Image[/spoiler]

To encourage people to vote, I set up a poll. You can vote for only one person. The person with the most number of votes wins.

Of course, it would be awesome if you could post your votes and feedback too though :D

For example:
a. I voted for <A> because I like how the colors blend together.
b. I voted for <B> because the background is pretty and fits the theme perfectly.

This is not mandatory but it is appreciated! :)

Voting will end on April 14, 2015. The winner will select the theme for the next GOTM~

Happy voting! ^^

[spoiler]Image
Awesome badge made by Myeolchi <3333[/spoiler]

Elinicia

Re: GOTM Special #1 Voting Thread

Post by Elinicia » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:39 am

Voted for Aira's entry.
-x-

First of all, It's been a tough choice because all the entries are beautifully made and I really love how each entry showed the best in s2s projects.
Second, I voted for Aira's entry because I like how she organized everything. I love the main render and how it goes well with the background. Lastly, I hope people would find time to vote and comment xD.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LEFT THE FORUM.
WILL PROBABLY CHECK HERE AND THERE.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

esh

Post by esh » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:22 am

Mia - if you chose something other than Skip Beat, I might have been more inclined to vote for you. It's not really you, it's the series you chose. With that out of the way, it would have been nice to see you to go a bit outside your comfort zone and use a bit more C4D and more interesting background. You do get plus points for choosing a them and conveying it.

Dani - All shades of blue are my favorite color so yay at yours not being the least appealing one to me. That said, the simplicity would have worked better without the white outline on your stock, but I still like the simplicity of it overall. Also wasn't really feeling the use of snow flakes on one side and circles on the other.

Aira - Yours is nice. Only problem with it for me is the words. The ones in the upper left circle can be confusing for a newb. It's a site with a downloadable forum reader, and GOTM recruitment? And the words near the hand look like a cluster f... I do like the fact that I can tell its a banner though, and yours is actually the second most visually appealing one to me.

Daya - Yours is the most visually appealing to me, so you get my vote. That said, you would have been way better off dropping the 4 series pictures you have above the forums name. They detract from the them of the banner in a unsightly manner. That cityscape background is also distracting from the rest of the banner. Nice use of C4D though.

Daniela

Post by Daniela » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:59 am

@esh Thankuyou for the lovely comment and the advice!

I also pick Yana's entry. The color green is used very well in the graphic, and it brings ou Rin really well while still being all easy on the eyes. Overall I think it comes off as a strong graphic. It would be great, though, if the tagline you used isn't the life/love one, since it doesn't fit with the shonen image of the banner. That in itself isn't really much of an issue, though, given that the tagline was already there when this site opened.

Choosing just one entry is hard! I commend everyone who entered this round. All your works are beautiful. It was an honor to have competed with you, given that my aptitude for GFX has been reduced to almost nothing after more than a year of school. Kudos!
Image\n\nArs longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile.\n Life is short, art is long, opportunity fleeting, experience perilous, and decision difficult.

Aira

Post by Aira » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:18 pm

i voted for myself. Image

joke.. :lol:

i voted for elinicia's entry because it's very manly and rin is my baby. <3
JOKE
i think her entry looks neat and pretty and really cool looking. <3
i can't see any flaws. good job, daughter!! (y)

good job also to meimei and daniela. :D let's join again next time. :lol:

Asuna

Post by Asuna » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:50 am

I haven't voted yet. Haha. Seriously, it's so hard to vote for one. Can I vote for all of the entries? Image
abuse of power mwahahahaha lol jk

I'll just post my feedback for now and vote...later. At the end of the day. When voting ends. X'D

Elinicia - What I really like about this banner (ever since I first saw it) is the fact that I've seen the image of Rin everywhere 34324343534 times and should think "Oh same old common picture I keep seeing around the interwebz" but I don't XD Because it's used quite nicely in this banner and I love it! The background is really nice too and the glowy parts make it seem..mysterious? Enhances the image? idk just it looks really nice. Good job adding some other S2S projects in there too. I've always found it hard to try and put several series in one banner because the art tends to clash. Here it looks really good to me ^^

Myeolchi - Pink is actually the color I dislike the most but I love it in this banner! I really like how you put the images too, nice blending into the background and that "one love" quote is a nice touch too. I really like your font choices too and the coloring of everything here. ^^

Daniela - I really like this banner because it's simple and cute. Although I agree with esh about the circles and snowflakes..make if they were evenly spread out throughout the background instead of snowflakes on the left and circles on the right, it would blend in better ^^ Nice job with the fade-ish effect in the background behind "S2scans" and also I really like this because it's blue (which is my favorite color lol) XD

Aira - Another entry with pink which I also really like! Lol. You guys are good with changing my mind about that color XDDD I really like square-ish images/vectors/whatever that are in front and back of Sawako and Kazehaya, they seem so random to me but blend in nicely and adds a nice touch. I like the random text in the background too. All in all I think it looks really well done, the background is simple with a few flourishes to make it not just a boring plain-ish background. I like the words on the left side too, but I think it would be nicer if a person could actually click a word (e.g. forum) and actually get redirected there. Sadly, I don't think it's possible to do on wordpress or wherever X'D
[spoiler]Image
Awesome badge made by Myeolchi <3333[/spoiler]

Myeolchi

Post by Myeolchi » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:29 pm

I voted for Yana-sis's entry xD
I really liked how she has used the C4D thingy and the colors, the effects and the idea of using the image of S2S projects are cool xD

Olke and Daniela Twinny, your works are pretty too ;A; which was why I had hard time in choosing between the entries ><
Let's all the join the next GOTM too kkkkk~

Thank you for the comments, Esh-san and Asuna-chan :D
Twitter||Tumblr[spoiler]Image Image
Awesome Badges by Yana-sis and Asuna-chwan <3[/spoiler]
a.k.a Mia